View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 05:55 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

While I don't have any suggestions, I thought I would mention my cousins go thru loosing their mother to this disease.

My Aunt's memory began noticeable failing in her early eighties. My Uncle and she had a caregiver with them while they were staying in their own home. (Cousins would check in frequently.)

Eventually my Aunt would wander during what should have been sleeping hours. There was great concern about that as well as many other situations. My cousins decided it was time to see she was well cared for in a home that was geared to handled those with this condition.

She just smiled and looked the happiest I had ever seen her. When I came to visit one day; she looked at me and said "do I know you", with a great big smile.

Since my Aunt was nearby, my cousin visited her quite often. My cousin said her Mother forgot all the people she didn't like and no longer found fault with anyone. I am sure this not the case with all those whose memory had failed; but in her case; she was always smiling. She passed a few years ago. My cousin said she really missed visiting her Mother; she enjoyed her so much.

My heart goes out to all those having to watch their loved ones go thru this loss.

Gerry
P.S.
Birthday wishes for someone very "special".. Diandra....

Last edited by ger715; 03-09-2016 at 07:50 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Diandra (03-10-2016), kiwi33 (03-10-2016), Lara (03-15-2016), St George 2013 (03-10-2016)