View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 07:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've just returned from my day at the hospital. We're not sure if the news is good or bad, but it's certainly unusual. After taking an echocardiogram and a treadmill stress test and not triggering the problem, the doctor suggested three approaches: change meds until the problem stops (not realistic since we don't know the cause); do an ablation (the procedure you were talking about Wendy where they run a catheter into the heart and destroy misfiring cells (did that two years ago and they couldn't trigger the bad cells into action so that might happen again); or put in a permanent heart monitor under the skin to pick up every aberration and send it to the Medtronic home base so they could contact my cardio with accurate data. Number three seemed like the best door to open, so they found a bit of time and as of a little after three p.m. I am microchipped in my chest much like a dog or a cat. I asked if they could find me if I get lost. The chip battery lasts for three years so I think I'm covered. I can start riding the bike again tomorrow and am cleared for all activities. I threw out the beta blocker medicine.

Now, is that strange or what???

Feeling a little chagrined, I asked how common this is. Apparently it is very common to have such wide swings in the presentations of heart arrhythmia and this microchip is not at all unusual. I am so happy to not have the beta blocker and to have permission to ride again.

Thank you all for your concern and support.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aab45 (03-13-2016), soccertese (03-10-2016), Thelma (03-11-2016)