Thread: 3 years...
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 09:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

RandomGuy
I experience these symptoms as well. I have been doing vestibular therapy for 9 months and it has been helping me. Dizziness and lightheadedness have slowly decreased. They helped me do an exercise threshold test and I've been able to slowly increase my heart rate threshold. I have also been doing acupuncture and getting my neck treated by a PT at the same time. I believe all have helped.

That said, I still have low level lightheaded, dizziness and more intense episodes if I over do it. I am not sure what will ever make it go away completely. I get the lightheaded/can't breath feeling when I am in meetings. I know it is not anxiety, but once it starts, getting anxious about it and not breathing correctly makes it work. I had to learn to "make myself breath" into my stomach rather than chest. I know, it's ridiculous that we have to also think about breathing, but I guess that's the way it is. I think we get this feeling in meeting because of visual stimulation but also because of concentrating on people talking and moving eyes/neck a lot to follow conversations. That's just my theory.

One thing that also helped with lightheadedness and reaction to stress - I got my adrenal hormone levels checked by an integrative doctor. They were all out of whack and he prescribed some herbs and supplements that really helped.

My neurologist wants me to try amitriptyline because she thinks some of this may be migraine/headache related. Have you tried any of the headache meds? I am apprehensive but thinking about doing it.

Thanks.

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote