View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 09:12 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Important Topic Here

For me, defining my triggers remains elusive. For one thing, I change week to week: what might have almost been a correct definition two weeks ago becomes irrelevant today. I do think the notion of specific things--use, stimulation e.g. sensory, specific thoughts or events--causing symptoms is valid. But in my case it's emotions that are the big player, although I have a teeny bit of light and sharp/loud noise sensitivity and, at least several weeks ago, processing complex environments so as to focus on what's important, a few other things . . So someone with strong emotions or psychiatric issues of some kind might have internal triggers, combined with basic loads such as how much you're using your brain.

I also vacillate on whether or not to keep a specific journal. I sometimes think it's better to just kind of not pay attention, that bad things will go away if they're ignored.

I do find that shutting down helps. I'm watching yoga videos and am pleased to find that they've mastered what I've been calling deep relaxation. This has a wonderful way of purging your system of stress and stressful things. It feels wonderful (although I don't want to live there, at least not yet), and all of us should have this in our large tool kits.

I also have a straightforward theory which would partially explain elusiveness of triggers which hopefully I'll post somewhere soon.
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote