View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 01:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyChic_1201 View Post
I had surgery on my right foot for MN 2 years ago. Mine was huge and easy to diagnose. At the time I didn't know about my PN so there was nothing special done in terms of anesthesia. (tho surgeon did comment that even under general, when he touched the nerve I kicked him ). I chose not to do the nerve cutting surgery, as I've had other nerve surgeries and know that it can often be out of the frying pan into the fire. My doc removed the tumor part and put some artificial padding between the nerve and bone. I was pain-free for 2 years. Now, yes, the foot I had operated on hurts a bit more than the other, but there's no way of knowing whether it's PN or returning Mortons. My point here is that the PN wasn't made worse by the surgery.

Interestingly, my feet hurt much more in flats than they do in 1.5" heels. I think b/c my toe joints flex in flats.
My PN hasn't been impacted at all by the surgery. My neuromas were all easy to identify and palpate by the time surgery was required. I've never been told that they could be left either as they were clearly swollen to three to four times their normal size when mine were removed. Your experience is the first I've read of this type.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote