View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 04:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

You are certainly not alone. You've come to the right place. Try to calm down and lean on that good emotional support you mentioned. 16 days is extremely early; some sources say give it a full 3 months rest. Check in and update us from time to time. Read as many threads as you find relevant; you'll learn a lot. You might even make important new friends -- all too often loved ones don't get it, whereas someone who shares a similar condition does.

Protect your head. Avoid any violent shaking or vibration. (Mild blows or shaking probably OK.) I got an extremely unlucky additional blow to my head--which normally wouldn't have meant anything but coming when it did made me worse--four weeks after my initial injury.

Your experiences, e.g. nail salon, are not only very common for PCS but, particularly since you mentioned this didn't seem like the usual you, it's possible much of what you are feeling is actually generated by PCS, so if you can, you might want to try new mental tactics--like questioning negative thoughts. Some people experience disorders never before experienced, such as anxiety, dark or crazy thoughts, depression, and the like.

The frustration with the slowness of healing has hit many of us, so plan this out accordingly. Me, I'm two months and a week into mine (actually 5 weeks 5 days since my last head blow) and they call me early.

May all of us get our lives back . .
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote