View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 09:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Here we go again

Ohh, $%^&, bugga, damn. Here we go again.

So, I went to see the neurosurgeon 2-3wks ago and was told "...all good, see you in 2yrs..." Last night I stood up from my chair only to find myself on the floor (when I woke up). By this time the wife had already called me an ambulance. I was shot off to hospital with lights and sirens blearing. After scans and bloods they came and told me "we have a problem" WE??? Its not 'we' it's 'ME!!!!"

The "WE" bit is that "WE (the dr's), don't know what to do... ...so WE need to do some investigations". The information they gained from the scans tells them there is too much fluid within my skull, but he blockage itself has now been deemed inoperable as it's too risky. Its too close to bits I need, so from here they need to investigate and decide a course of action, if any. AHHhhhhhhhhh

I'm to be admitted on Saturday for these test, etc to be completed by Sunday, with results ready for the neuro's for Monday. From there some sort of decision will be made on whether to proceed and what sort of procedure maybe a possibility. This will be operation No.6 and after the last one I was informed that they could do no more without a high possibility of me being blind, so to say I'm a little stressed is.... ....a little bit of an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'd just started to make life plans again. Now that's all just evaporated. My life will, once again, go on hold. My plan for tomorrow is to spend as much time with the wife as possible, because after that, well, in technical terms, I might be screwed. I'm trying not to go 'there' at the moment, despite the reality of it all. I'm home for now with the wife and mutts, so it will all be quality time with them before the drama begins again.

So that's what is happening, BUT while I can:-

I want to thank all of the members here for their support over the last couple of years. At times I have not done things the easy way and have 'flown away with the fairies' often looking at things from a very gloomy outlook. You guys (and gals) have been a big part of my support system, bringing me back to earth and while I still have the ability I want to thank you all for that support. My mind, at times, can take me to some bloody awful places but coming in here and chatting to others has helped me immensely both in support and sharing with others the hellish routes we often have to travel. Look, they might do their tests, find a solution, fix and all will be fine. But on the off chance that this is not the case, I want to acknowledge all of you and say THANK YOU. I feel I have gained more from you than you will ever know or I will ever be able to express, so again thank you.

See you on the other side, as they say.
P.S. Thanks jasn03w, I will speak to the powers-that-be (Dr's) about this. They do not like being queried from my experience, but I'll ask.

Merl
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote