Thread: Pineal Cyst...
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 07:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Not sure what to do

So I am currently coming off topomax to transition to the antidepressants. The past few weeks my eyes have been getting worse. I explained to the doctor while at duke my concerns that my eye pain was worse but he did not address. Ever heard of muscle failure? That is the pain I experience in my eyes. I feel like they are straining. It's a burning pain almost like allergies but in the INSIDE of my eyes. It's very hard to describe. I almost want to go back to the eye doctor and get them to test and see if the pressure in my eyes is higher than it was when all this started. The only thing I can think of is... my eye pressure is still elevated that has been confirmed - to the extent they thought I had glaucoma. The optic nerve is like a strand and I'm afraid the pressure in my eyes being elevated for so long...well my eyes can only handle so much. The pain is getting worse and the length of the time the pain lasts increases everyday. I'm about to head to uva and get a second opinion. Everytime they do the pressure test though I end up in bed for the rest of the day and my eyes hurt to keep them open or closed and no amount of drugs can take the pain away so I'm not sure what to do... headaches and all other symptoms are still the same as well.

-frustrated and tired of feeling like crap.
bholmes2011 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote