View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 08:31 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Sam,

"Crises, including suicidal ones, are time-limited. By its very nature, a crisis cannot go on and on and on. Something must give. And, provided you don't kill yourself, something eventually will give. With the passage of time things may get worse, but with the same passage of time things may get better. Unless you can know your future perfectly, it seems to me you cannot know with any certainty that, in fact, things will get worse. You may believe things will always get worse, but that is only a belief, and maybe one of those not-so-rational ones that go with the logic of suicidal thinking."*

These spot on words are from Paul Quinnett's excellent book "Suicide, The Forever Decision" and specifically from the chapter Time Heals. I highly recommend that you read this excellent book and can do so on line here...Lara posted the site.

I know that you are young and frustrated Sam and impatient. Please know that we care.

Lara's post:

Last night I was searching through some of the older posts Alffe has made recommending books here as I was looking for something in particular to send to someone. Then I found it online as an ebook. 100 pages pdf

Suicide The Forever Decision By Dr. Paul G. Quinnett

Quote:
To help save lives, the best selling book "Suicide the Forever Decision, For those Thinking about Suicide and for Those who Know, Love and Counsel Them", by Paul Quinnett, Ph.D. is herewith made available in a free electronic format to anyone in the world who wishes

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (03-11-2016), bizi (03-11-2016), eva5667faliure (03-20-2016), ger715 (03-11-2016), Littlepaw (03-11-2016), OhKay (03-11-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-11-2016), SamG11 (03-11-2016)