View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Deep funk

DB has increased his Brintellex from 10mg to 20mg this week. His anxiety and depression is crippling him at the moment. His best buddy alcohol was such a source of comfort over the years and worked wonders to mask his anxiety and depression. His psych has told him if he can come to grips with his anxiety issues his compulsion to turn to alcohol will be considerably reduced. I hope so. We leave for our holiday break on the 22nd with the cruise departing Sydney on the 23rd. DB managed a 21 days cruise in 2011 sober, hope he can do this 7 day one the same, he will see his psych the morning before we leave. I hope she has some pearls of wisdom she can share, because from where I sit, with the benefit of knowing his indicative behaviours, a lapse is not far off (or may have happened last week triggering this deep funk?). It's a journey we are in together so all I can do is offer love, support, compassion and positive reinforcement for him. On a good note, he has lost over 10kg since he stopped drinking last August and despite all the recent dental and immune system trauma looks good. That pale puffy alcohol look is long gone & replaced by a strong lean physique, he has grown a beard and looks 10 years younger. I keep telling him he will be a "chic magnet" poolside on the ship.
eva5667faliure (03-19-2016), ger715 (03-12-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016), St George 2013 (03-19-2016), Wide-O (03-12-2016)