View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 07:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default TBI, lingering PCS, and diet

Hello all, I posted a few weeks ago about lingering head sensitivity ( I see many people have this problem) 6 months out from my latest concussion. I've been making steady, slow, positive progress in the last few months but have been hampered by a handful of setbacks related to shaking my head.

In my previous post someone linked me to an anti-inflammatory diet. I studied it a little bit but never jumped into it. A week or so later, my coworker was been touting the benefits of a ketogenic diet (high fat/moderate protein/low carbs). I didn't give it much thought, then a few days later had a bad diet period where I consumed a large amount of carbs, every meal really(which I rarely do. I noticed that my head felt a lot worse in the next 2 days, and different than the normal PCS that I normally get (major head fog). Given this information I decided to give the ketogenic diet a try. I've been 7 days w/ hardly any carbohydrates and my head feels much better! I don't want to test this theory, but I feel like my head is much less sensitive to shaking than previously. I know there's plenty of information about the harm of sugars and brain health but has anyone had a similar experience with carbs? Any other diet tips out there for a quicker recovery?
metmike07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote