View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 09:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjanti View Post
Ok, those antibiotics don't cause neuropathy in every use, in fact I believe it's pretty rare they do. They are not chemo drugs, I personally know many people who took then plenty of times without any ill effects
What happen is that they are over prescribed for any mild condition in out patient settings
The use in that condition is more than justified
I wouldn't really worry about PN, rather about his actual condition
Hope he's doing fine and hope he'll get back to full heath soon!
Thanks for the reply. I know its uncommon, but still scares the heck out of me. Just want him to take every precaution he can in order to reduce the risk.

The only good thing for my son is that he finally has a diagnosis that seems to make sense. He's been suffering with stomach problems for 5 years, and got all kinds of crazy theories from the doctors - everything from IBS to cyclical vomiting syndrome to abdominal migraines. Not to mention this was his second trip to ER in 3 days. (The first hospital he went to just pumped him full of anti-emetic drugs and sent him home, saying he was just having one of his usual "episodes" and it was nothing to worry about. Fortunately, I had him go to the other hospital in town the second time - and they actually did some diagnostics.)
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote