View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 02:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

Well. It was appalling..

When we got to the railway station mum smacked my hip really hard on the car door when she was lifting me out of the car, so that didn't start the day off that well! Then went into the station and discovered they'd lost my piece of paper which says I am allowed to take my wheelchair on the train. Finally arrived in London (after threatening the guards on the station) to discover it was pouring in rain and that because of the wheelchair taxis wouldn't take us.

FINALLY got a taxi to agree to take us and went up for my appointment. I hated the doctor on first sight and was abit surly. He was horrific! Apparently I definetly have RSD and RSD dystonia but he doesn't think I have "generalised" dystonia as a secondary disease (Which I knew), but he believes there are more important neurological components as my reflex tests were abit weird. He wants to admit me for 6 weeks to try and find out what is happening, with MRI's, CTs, spine taps, EMG's and anything else he thinks of and also I can then have physio and psychological support. HAHAHA. (Apparently I am too blase about being ill and don't take it seriously enough, yet 2 seconds later he said I should relax - he wasn't going to hurt me).

So... he lied. Basically. I refused to allow him to use tendon hammers, pins or anything else, so he just did it anyway and just sat there and watched me in tears whilst he did it. He finished and then said "that wasn't too bad was it?". Er it was.

I am so fed up with all of this. I don't care if I have MS, MD or whatever else he thinks is wrong with me. I want treatment and I want to get on with my life and never have to see another doctor again.

I don't think it helped that I called him a useless, arrogant a"$hole who I hadn't wanted to see anyway.

I can't believe he was willing to inflict that level of pain without permission, and refused to listen to me. So just imagine the letter that is going to be sent back to him from me.....................

I just can't handle anymore of this. It is driving me nuts. I hate doctors, I hate hospitals and I just want them to go away.

Love ya

Froggsy xxxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote