View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 03:11 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

There is a connection but more likely at the lower neck/upper back. I don't see what most PT's can do to help. Some careful and skillfull spinal manipulation can help. My GERD was from TOS cause by the head/necj trauma. TOS Thoracic Outlet Syndrome is common in people who have cervical ribs, false ribs the protrude off the bottom one or two cervical ribs. They get out of place and inflamed causing nerve issues that innervate the stomach.

My Stanford professor GI doc refused to accept that the problem was resolved by spinal therapy.

I've had this twice. Once, I dislocated a rib at the vertebra. One a chiro reduced the rib dislocation, my GERD relief was almost instant.

Most of my problem was not GERD but more esophageal spasms. I struggled to swallow and get food to go down properly. Lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks because of this.

You could also have cervical vertebra inflammation causing a failure of some of your autonomic nervous system.

The PT or chiro alone cannot solve this. One must also be disciplined with posture during sleep and rest.

The 'Doctor fix me' only goes so far. We need to do our part to help with healing.

btw, PT skill sets are all over the map. Some are useless in certain areas while others are true healers. But, they all usually claim to have the skills to treat the issue.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jobby99 (03-15-2016)