View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
Adding to what Lara wrote, there is some evidence that cannabinoids can help; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17157480 .
Just wanted to update all of you on what we are now trying (for his psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis).

I took a photo of his leg last week, and took a photo of his leg today. I see no difference. Let me tell you what we are trying. Glenn has told me not to expect miracles, that doing this TAKES TIME. I completely understand. First let me tell you what we are doing, THEN I will tell you one change that I noticed.

His diet. Took him off all nightshade foods. Today is day 7 of his anti-inflammatory diet. While he doesn't have BAD psoriatic arthritis, one of his fingers is a bit swollen. He's had this last year when he went to the hospital for whatever it was (he had so many things wrong, can't name it all) but he had some cellulitis going on in his toe and I THOUGHT that was why his finer was so swollen and red and warm.

This week (the weather is nuts outside) his finger is swollen, not red and not hot but he can't bend it and I have to cut up his food sometimes. But he took an advil and he's okay. We see urologist on Wednesday for another matter.

Now let's get back to his diet. I have been doing a lot of reading on Omega 3's. When Alan got the stent about 9 or so years ago, because he had coronary artery disease, I took him off of all fat completely. So essentially no fats or oils or whatever. Then I learned about essential fatty acids, etc.

Now Alan has never been one to eat like me, eat sprouts, microgreens, extra virgin coconut oil, etc. etc. Couldn't get him to come around.

Not that he was eating like a horse but the guy would go and buy ice cream from Baskin Robbins and he would like his chips and his popcorn and he wouldn't go near a sprout salad if his life depended on it.

Last week I took the bull by the horns and said "Listen, we have tried everything on your psoriasis and nothing is working (all his skin was flaking on all my furniture, as if it were going through a cycle). I read up on this. This happened all the time.

So I took away all cereal, grains, nightshade, eggplant, tomates, whatever foods I read that were inflammatory. I also ground up my flax seeds and gave him a teaspoon a day (I just put it in his food). I also gave him a handful of walnuts every day. Read up on Flax and walnuts as an excellent source of Omega 3. I also have Extra virgin Organic Coconut oil in the house so for dinner, whatever I was cooking, (let's say my home grown greens, with bok choy and my pea shoots) instead of using any other oil, I would just add a bit of extra virgin coconut oil and cook the greens in that. I will say it has the most delicious flavor I have ever had. We do this every night. I just cooked some chicken in it. I added ginger, minced onions, some garlic, some paprika, some curry. no salt at all, and you can't taste the lack of sodium. He has always been on low sodium because of his menieres.

Anyway, for whatever reason, he has been eating my sprouts. He puts horseradish on it. I could NEVER eat horseradish, but LOVES it.

Every night now he asks for a sprout salad and he did some reading and he now says "I need my body to be alkaline" I said 'I've been telling you this for 10 years". He then said 'Well now I'm listening"

He either puts extra virgin olive oil, or his horseradish on the salad. It's just microgreens (broccoli, radish, fenugreek and whatever greens I'm growing)

He absolutely now wants sprouts or microgreens every single day. It's like his body NEEDS this food.

I also give him one egg and two egg whites (with greens) for breakfast. I add some onions, and he puts a dash of ketchup. He won't eat any egg without SOME ketchup. That's the only time he does this. But no ice cream, no sugar in anything else, nothing with vegetable oil, no soy. I'm trying to go as anti-inflammatory as I can go.

So this is what I noticed about his psoriasis. While the patches have not changed, what DID change is that his skin is not turning white and flaking off. It's been only a week. I have no idea what this means but I wanted to share it. I read on some website that one guy thinks there is no such thing as auto-immune. He says 'Everything is caused by a deficiency and if you ever had the Epstein Barre Virus, it is still in your system and THAT's why you get these things"

When Alan was around 35 or so he came down with a virus, that landed him in isolation and he was home for 3 months, after he came home from the hospital. They never gave it a name. I remember his medical records and I saw they named it 'Fever of Unknown Origin".

Maybe THAT is what has been lying dormant in his body and caused the Peripheral Neuropathy, Psoriasis, and Psoriatic Arthritis. I have no idea.

All I can do is try and get his immune system to not be in over drive, trying to get the psoriasis to calm down and trying to get his psoriatic arthritis to calm down also.

I read that if a person has psoriasis, that person will usually have psoriatic arthritis also.

So I am doing all I can do in that regard.

If what we are doing is the KEY to his stuff, I wonder how long until we know that "yes indeed, it IS what we put into our bodies"

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-14-2016), Lara (03-14-2016)