View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 07:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
People may need someday to make a decision like this.

One may have to use one of these drugs someday.

In the case with Flagyl.... using thiamine or benfotiamine with it may prevent some of the side effects. This drug cannot be used with alcohol. I have seen some doctors withhold any fermented food product, including vinegar, in patients using Flagyl. This drug impacts alcohol and aldehyde metaboism, causing aldehydes to build up in the body. There are many natural alcohols generated in the body's metabolism. So enhancing metabolism with Vit B1 may help. (Antabuse for alcohol rehabilitation also impairs aldehyde removal ...only its effects are faster and more apparent and dramatic)

Cipro disrupts DNA of bacteria, and also that of the host. It is unclear what could help block this. The only hint I've seen
appeared on Dr. Jay Cohen's website that glutathione and magnesium helped one patient who corresponded with him.

Let's hope your son is one of the lucky ones, and has little or no negative consequences from his necessary treatment.
Thanks for the reply Mrs. D. Fortunately my son is not a drinker at all, so no worries there. I'll share some of my benfotiamine with him, hopefully that will help some.
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote