View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 06:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation Need of dibencozide along with methylB12?

MrsD - I was wondering if you could weigh in on the need of dibencozide along with methylcobalamin - both forms oral - for treatment, possibly and likely lifelong, of B12 deficiency. Years ago I took dibencozide off and on along with methylcobalamin, both in their sublingual (tablet) forms, away from food. Over the last couple years, I had just not taken any dibencozide. My health has been failing. I found that old bottle of dibencozide B12 (specifically the Country Life brand, the one that has a bit of folic acid in it), and wow, I feel soooo much better. I did some reading (not a lot), and found an abstract to a January 2015 article in a European Journal stating that methylcobalamin alone is not good enough treatment for B12 replenishment in those with B12 deficiency, because supposedly the body cannot convert methylcobalamin to dibencozide. It can, however, convert hydroxycobalamin and cyanocobalamin to both forms (provided you have a healthy liver and can tolerate cyanoB12). But why bother with those forms if we have methylB12 on the market, and also dibencozide on the market as well. But I always thought that the body converted methylB12 to dibencozide and vice-versa if it needed to. It appears I may be wrong about this, and will need to therefore not only keep taking the methylB12, but take dibencozide B12 in addition. My symptoms have all been nerve and pain related again - weakness, numbness, stooping back, severe back pain, tinglings, foggy thought, moodiness beyond belief. It may be lack of another form of this nutrient all along... which is good news since supplementing dibencozide is not that expensive and is available over-the-counter.

Thank you,
Jason
julleri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote