Thread: C5 Palsy
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 09:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Its been said on this thread, but I want those who follow to understand how important it is to stay on top of your exercises. Keeping the muscles moving plays a role in the reinervation of those muscles. Using an E-Stim unit also increases the effectiveness of those exercises.

That being said, I also want to stress the importance of stretching. Keeping the muscles and joints stretched is just as important as exercise. I know this first hand because I did get away from stretching and the result was stiffness, cracking and pain when I did the exercises. It also significantly reduced my range of motion. With this condition, the muscles and joints are no longer moving (or moving much less) and this can lead to contracture, which is when the joints basically freeze up (you do not want this).

I found a good stretching regimen on the website of a doctor, who's name is at the bottom of the attached PDF. This PDF shows each stretch and explains how it is done. These are the stretches I use and have had good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf exercisesfordeltoidpalsy.pdf (101.5 KB, 6322 views)
Jastek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ellesabeth (12-15-2023), ShaggyChic_1201 (05-10-2016), TheGirlGeek (12-01-2017)