View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Be careful please!

Hi Desi, There sure are alot of tough decisions to make when you have RSD. I hope you don't mind that I put in my 2 cents here. I was faced with the "to have or not to have surgery" on my rsd limb last year at this time. Fortuneately for me, both ortho doctors I went to knew the dangers of operating on an rsd limb. Neither one would touch it unless my rsd went into remission which it never did. So, I went to the various rsd sites and did my own research on the subject of surgery on an rsd limb. Every site I went to confirmed what the doctors were telling me...it is too dangerous and is usually done only in emergency situations such as gangrene. Even then it is done with great precaution ie. nerve blocks before and after surgery, epidurals etc. etc. It might be helpful if you could print out what the rsd sites say on the subject of surgery and bring them with you on your next doctor visit. If they won't listen, that's not a doctor that you want. The decision, of course, is yours to make but please be well informed before you make it. Hope this helps you. Jeannie
used to be is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote