View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 07:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Afaik high ANA should indicate autoimmune, but it's very non specific, so other tests should be ordered
Did they talked to you about it?

My both ANA and ANCA were low, c protein was absolute 0, same rheumatoid factor
I'll talk to my next doctor if he things we can check more things, but in your case I would push them for more tests

Quote:
The whole thing is curious. I just can't see why the doctors aren't interested in even trying to solve this. Other than spending 15 min and checking off a few boxes on a lab requisition, they really don't even give it a second thought.
I feel your frustration! My first neuro just made an EMG in his office and that was it
I met another neuro the other day, he checked my reflexes, sense of vibration etc that are apparently prefect and ordered full blood panel but after they all came back fine he offered no solution and I think had no clue how to precede

I'm in a country where health standard it's not really high, but I think issue is universal
I'm going back to my home country in few weeks and I've scheduled appointments with apparently very good neurologist, so fingers crossed he would be willing to look for answers

I think you need to dig further up and find a doctor that knows what to do and cares!
banjanti is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote