View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 07:59 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
Melody, hydrogen peroxide is sometimes used as a disinfectant because it is a strong oxidising agent. Some people use it to treat skin wounds because it may kill bacteria in those wounds. This is controversial - the third page in this link discusses this; http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/456300.

I don't know whether or not it, applied to the skin, may help with psoriasis - a PubMed search does not say much either way. This articles is interesting - it suggests that manuka honey (a good NZ product!) may help with psoriasis, possibly because it can produce hydrogen peroxide; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24305429.

I doubt that taking a small amount (a few mL; taking more could be toxic) of hydrogen peroxide by mouth will be of any use, for two reasons. It will rapidly get diluted into the ~30-40 litres of water in the human body to the extent that it will have no effect. Also, it will rapidly be inactivated by catalase, which is a very active enzyme; one molecule of it can break down five million molecules of hydrogen peroxide every minute

You make a lot of sense. Thanks much. Went to the urologist today and I told him all about the diet we are doing. The Anti-Candida diet. I said that I thought THAT was causing all of Alan's skin problems. He looked at me and said 'You got that right". I just looked at him. So we purchased good probiotics (anti-candida diets say to use this). So together with my sprouts and greens that I grow and no refined sugars of any kind (thank god this man likes my sprouts), and probiotics, we shall see eventually if we are on the good road.

Believe me, if this doesn't work, nothing will because we have tried it. Except for those biologics which he won't go near because when we listen to the commercials and they go into all the side effects, Alan would yell at the tv "I'd rather have psoriasis".

So we shall see. Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote