View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 01:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
Hi Mat

Sounds like you're still having the "one step forwards - two steps back" response from the medical system. At least the endocrinologist didn't dismiss your symptoms outright and has given you some indication of where to next with your thyroid. Did he consider at all that the Hashimoto's itself might be the source of the neuropathy?

All the best for the new neurologist and to getting some informative answers.

Take care.
I will ask him next time Bluesfan about whether he thinks under treated Hashis might have caused the neuropathy. He did say for me not to expect the T3 treatment to work for the neuropathy but I think he suspects it's pretty advanced now and knows from his diabetes patients that this is unlikely to be reversed. When I told him that I suspect I have an immune mediated neuropathy he said that from my test results he thinks this is probably right but proving it would be hard and take a doctor who knows more about very rare autoimmune diseases than I may be able to find. So I am taking it that he doesn't think the Hashis would have caused this problem. Mat x

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (03-18-2016)