View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Mrs. D. When I read your post, I said to myself: "Wht is hypoatremia??

So I found this site.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz...ponatremia.jsp

Very important to know because many heart patients are on low-sodium diets and if they work out, they sweat, lose sodium, their blood pressure, drops, they get a little whoozy, (this happened to Alan just once). Took him a few moments but he was fine. I tell him to rehydrate in the summer.

I myself am on zestoretic (which is blood pressure and water pill).

My pressure is always fine. And while I am NOT the low-sodium person Alan is, I don't cook with it, buy foods with it, BUT, I can't have my salad without any salt. Tastes terrible. So I use Light Salt.

Boy, if we go for Japanese food, or just buy soup, I have to read the labels, because after you don't use regular salt for over a year, brother, when you put that soup in your mouth, it's like tasting a mouthful of salt.

Amazing what the palate gets used to!! Now I have a brother in law who is 70, weighs 122, (never gained a pound), never eats any fat, any salt, any sugar. When he dines out, he orders plain pasta with nothing on it, and tells them not to put oil in the pot. He drinks boiled water with absolutely everything. His diet is nothing but white stuff. Pasta, rice, potatoes, and yes, he eats boiled chicken and veggies but mostly carbs because he has this stomach thing going on.

I said "how on earth can you subsist on just white stuff and no salt? He is always at the doctor for Gerd!!! He takes Gaviscon before each meal.

No soda either. Only boiled water. He will probably live to be 100 hundred years old.

lol
Melody

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote