View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help maryan in hospital - broken hip

Many oldtimers on this board and those who attended the World Parkinson Conference last year will remember Maureen, or Mo, maryan online. She is the teacher who led her school to victory in the "Most Philosophical" competition right before she retired. Not long after that she underwent several illnesses and surgeries for them. Some of what she went through could be attributed to everyone's assumption that all her symptoms were due to PD and, on the other hand, lack of knowledge of how much PD contributes to other disorders. Ever philosophical, she has met every challenge with a boundless spirit.

Mo called this morning to tell me that she had fallen in her kitchen Monday night and broke her good hip (not the one that had been replaced). Surgery was done yesterday. This morning she was in good spirits and clearminded, and said that pain wasn't a problem. I asked if she would like me to request the prayers and good thoughts of the folks here, and she said she would really appreciate that. I'll pass along all messages in a few days.

Maybe she'll grace us with some of her poignant writing again when she feels up to it.

Thanks in advance for your messages, friends,
Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote