View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 08:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Regardless of its cause, you may just address your situation as psychiatric and go for treatment. I myself have an appointment but I have to wait until May! But you may also consider pushing against emotions in some cases.

From what I've read and experienced so far, all three possibilities exist: normal emotional reactions; reactions to your situation forced upon you by PCS; and things at least partially caused directly by PCS.

There are several posters here including me that report psychiatric symptoms in which they don't seem themselves. With me, sometimes it almost seems I have two sets of emotions, one rather disturbed, not seeming to fit the current situation, or something I haven't felt for a long time, or something extreme. Anxiety is the worst but I get somewhat depressed too and sometimes even a kind of cross between the two.

I have also lost a lot: my work, my heavy exercise routine; and now I'm having trouble sleeping like I used to. It's possible I don't need the 6 to 8 hours right now, an unprecedented change. I'm also alone in a big house with some bad recent memories and cut off from family and friends. I'm pretty sure some of my negative emotions come this tough situation.
Sound familiar?

I've learned that our frontal cortex, frequently damaged by concussions, regulates the powerful emotions that originate in the so-called subcortical brain. I think my own discipline and self-control is often compromised when my brain gets overloaded etc. and this is why my anxiety can race out of control and I would guess why I get other disturbances. It could be why PCS people are often irritable, get stressed easily, are depressed etc.

I wish you the best . .
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote