View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 01:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello and Welcome to Neurotalk Support Groups

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. It is hard when one's child is the one hurting and you want so badly to fix it. You will find many understanding people here.

You might find the following areas helpful

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome There are "Sticky" threads at the top of that board with useful info and introductions.

Children's Health This will put you in touch with other parents.

There are Search and FAQ features at the top of every page to help you with specific topics and common forum use questions.

Nerve injuries are tricky and really do require specialized training. I have had Peripheral Nerve surgery myself and while it is useful for transections and entrapment I don't know if it would apply to your daughter's case or not. Some injuries, such as brachial plexus are commonly left for 12-18 months to see if healing will occur before something more invasive. That said, consults and information are always helpful and may help guide your treatment plan. One of the best nerve surgeons in the US, Dr. Susan Mackinnon says "Time lost is muscle lost" so if you notice atrophy or increasing weakness by all means get an opinion from a peripheral nerve, neurosurgeon or TOS expert sooner rather than later.

You will find a lot of useful info on nerve injuries from Washington University. http://nerve.wustl.edu

Hold on to hope. Healing and improvement is possible with time and your daughter is young and growing. Optimize her diet, avoid repetitive strain, keep up with good posture and any gentle PT, massage or chiropractic work that helps her without making her worse.

Hang in there Mom. I hope she finds relief and healing soon.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CVand3 (03-25-2016), Darlene (03-18-2016)