View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi to you both. The appt was this past Wednesday. I walked in with a bag of my sprouts. The doctor's eyes lit up. He's a good guy and a straight shooter. So I'm waiting for the NEWS. He takes him into another room, comes out and says "we did a urine test, his urine is still a little dirty" (Alan's a non medicated diabetic who is so controlled by me and his diet he hasn't had anything BAD in two weeks). I looked at the doctor and said "But his urine is a pale color". He says: Oh, no he doesn't have an infection, but he still has colonization, remember when he was hospitalized for that ecoli UTI, well, there is still some colonization going on and we want to nip that in the bud" Since I trust this guy and he has kept Alan's prostate alive and kicking since the Turp, I'm not going to say 'no, he ain't taking no anti-biotics".

So he prescribed a 30 day regimin of Keflex. I give him Kefir, we ordred the probiotics which should arrive in a few days. All in all, this man eats like a champ. Absolutely nothing refined. I grow about 70 percent of what we eat (organically). He seems to love it. But he does get that look and says 'oh, I miss ice cream, can't I even have the no sugar added". I said 'if you look at the ingredients in those things, there are things you can't pronounce, so no you are NOT eating any of that stuff, go and have an apple" So he does

I have resorted to making the most delicious no sodium curried chicken with tumeric and cumin and I have it read at night when he gets the munchies. He eats it and goes 'OMG, this is great". So thank god I found something for this man to eat. He lost weight, and the doctor was very pleased.

Oh, about the prostate biopsy. As the doctor was passing by my chair I looked at him and said "no prostate biopsy". He said 'no, don't worry"

They also took blood for the PSA Test.

They seem to know what they are doing, and I definitely know what I'm doing as far as growing food and feeding this man. Someone (very kind person) mailed me some holistic cream and the container says "Calendula Offianalis Cream" which is supposed to help with skin conditions. This is day two for that one. She also sent him some Hypericum Perforatum Cream that MIGHT be helpful for his neuropathy. He tried it last night. Did nothing. Today my back was killing me, I put some on my back, guess what? It helped me.

Hey, whatever helps, I'll do it. These containers are 1.5 oz of the creams. People are so kind in this world.

So, for the present, he's not getting any biopsy, we see the uro guy next month. He's eating an anti-candida diet, he likes my sprouts.

OH, FUNNY STORY.

Alan whispers to me earlier "Mel, I think I had a parasite" I said WHAT??? I then asked him "Did you grab your stomach, did you have diarrhea?" He said:

"No, but there was this stringy thing in the toilet bowl when I went to the bathroom." I burst out laughing, went over to my rack where I grow my food and held up the bean sprouts and pea shoots, and said 'Did it look like this?" He said "oh"

Oh, indeed!! rofl.

I know we have photos on this forum. I'll try and upload photos so you can see what I grow in my house.

Thanks guys, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (03-18-2016)