View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 08:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommystime2 View Post
I too am a fellow right arm/ hand crps member, the best thing to do is to desensitized, at least the best u can. I still need soft soft clothing over my arm, I've also found when real bad shocks happen lidocaine 5% gel works awesome but it's greasy so we cover it with soft gauze rolls which I found really cheap on Amazon.com, I also have a bio brace that goes the entire length of arm that has super soft fleece inside, it was recommended from orthopedic guy who makes my inserts for my shoes. I lived in a sling for over 6 months, and they originally thought tendonitis so I was also in a brace which made mine worse. Another good thing we use is baclofen not flexeril. Flexeril wasn't working good and left me Ina fog with light headedness. It did however sleep better with it but I slept too much. Warm showers work good as long as you can attach a different adjustable shower head, on bad days a light mist, try working on desensitized get in shower with the adjustments. Always use arm as much as you can without pain, I can now almost 5 years later lift 3lbs on a good day without using rest of body for support! I once held my grand daughter against my body when she was 10lbs.good luck it sucks I know. Msg me anytime. Check the spoon theory it's a good read too.
So I have to ask, and forgive the question if it seems rude. Are you or any of you able to work??? I have no idea how long I will be out on work comp and somedays I feel like I might not have a job again. Last night I was at my sisters house, for dinner and friends that came in for a visit. My hand and arm were so cold, I was sitting on the couch with a soft blanket over my arm. It lasted about 3 hours, and worse... My sister had to cut my chicken for my, I couldn't do it.
Seaglass1972 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (03-19-2016)