View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 08:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Concerns about family friend

We have a lovely neighbor friend, about 70 years old, having some health issues.
He did fall a few years ago and hit his head.
He is stubborn about taking vitamins, which is problem number one and problem number two is that his doctors have been a little slow, in my view anyway, with optimal care.
He has agreed to take a multi vitamin. After all this time and my husband insisting he push his doctors for more testing, he is getting a complete neuro work up in the coming weeks.
I'm unsure if I can convince him to ask his doctors to check for vitamin levels.
I'm getting the distinct impression his doctors don't care about vitamins and he is very unsure about their importance.
He is having mostly memory issues, but a few other things that are likely associated with just getting a little older.
What vitamin supplements might be safe and likely to be of help especially with reference to memory and energy?
I was thinking a low to moderate dosage of d3 and a B multi (on top of his multi). I can't see where these things would hurt and they likely would help.
I wish doctors were more open to testing. Hard to believe that this wouldn't cross their minds, especially when they encounter an older patient.
His diet is fair, definitely not good...relying a lot on coco cola and TV dinners with some more wholesome foods in between.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote