View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

caroline2,

As always, thanks for the alternative information.

Have you read the ingredients in Tom's toothpaste? It contains ingredients (other than fluoride) that are not considered to be necessary or healthy for our gums and teeth. I think sometimes people see the term "natural" or "free" of something like fluoride and assume the product contains useful ingredients.

If someone is concerned about the ingredients in their toothpaste, then as you have mentioned making your own toothpaste with a few key ingredients would be ideal. Things like coconut oil, baking soda and essential oils are all therapeutic and won't hurt our gums, teeth or digestion if swallowed.

Thanks, Bryanna

UOTE=caroline2;1205000]I know of two SLS free toothpastes. My friend uses Tom's of Maine SLS Free
http://www.tomsofmainestore.com/cate...paste-sls-free

I've used many of Tom's over the years but before I started making my own I was using Weleda Calendula Sulfate free TP.

It seems Sulfate is used in many TP's but here are a couple I know of.[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote