View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 08:44 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

gary, just curious what dose of sinemet your're taking and what other supps you are taking. have you stopped taking the supps for awhile as a test? there could be amino acids in them that aren't listed that might be interfering with your l-dopa absorption.

also, i doubt any neuro would object to your adding .25mg of sinemet at a time to find out if a higher dose would give you more on time and/or better tremor relief, it wouldn't take long to try that without any damage going back down. i've read that over 250mg really isn't going to help, and once you get to 250mg don't go higher , shorten the intervals which in your case couldn't. can you tolerate an agonist? from what i've read on boards, generic requipxl works well for some, others can't tolerate the generic but recently on the NPF ask the pharmacist board there was discussion by someone who did well on brand name requipxl, had to switch to generic, didn't do well but by chance got the rx filled at another pharmacy that gave him/her a different generic and she did better.

seems like a lot of the brits who post here are on generic requipxl.

bottom line, nothing to lose and you need to be able to exercise imho and stay in shape for when the "cure" arrives.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote