Thread: Invisible
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 11:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

i went to get bloodwork yesterday to check my vit d level again and asked the dr to take blood out of my left arm. he asked why and i told him because i have rsd which started in my right arm and i can't have anything touching that arm because it hurts too much and could cause further damage. i asked him if he knew what rsd was and he said no. so after my blood was taken i handed him an rsd brochure and he thanked me and said he would make copies of it and post it on the walls at the drs offices. that made me so happy and i thanked him too. i pass out rsd brochures alot to try to help raise awareness and hopefully find a cure for this horribly rare and misunderstood disease.

i have had rsd for over five years now and have learned that i have to sometimes remind others that even though they can't always see the pain it doesn't mean it's not there. sometimes people who have the best intentions sometimes forget what we with rsd are going through. and sometimes we have to deal with difficult people who are not willing to listen. for those people i try to keep my distance the best way i can and continue dealing with my rsd, my depression and my life the best way i can one day at a time. having my friends here at NT as a support system also helps me deal with the pain and frustrations that we who have rsd have to deal with every second of every hour of every day. i am so grateful for all of you for being my friends and hope you always remember that you are not alone because you've got a friend in me too. i am so very proud of all of you for facing each day with such hope and courage. you are all very brave for not giving up. we must never give up trying to make the most of each day we live. someone once told me that each day is a "present". how true it is. love and hugs to all.
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (03-20-2016), BioBased (03-20-2016), catra121 (03-20-2016), Littlepaw (03-21-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-20-2016), zinnia (03-20-2016)