View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 12:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I agree, Mark. Too much worry makes it impossible to focus on your surroundings. You end up paying attention to what's inside your head rather than everything around you.

Before I completely dismiss this bump, I do have another question.

I have continued to wake up with tension like headaches which persist, on and off, throughout the day. They normally disappear the moment I stand up, fade when I'm in conversation with someone, and are most present when I'm left to myself. I occasionally feel "spaced out," like my brain goes radio silent. Not sure if that's normal for people and I'm just more attuned to it because I've been hyper-vigilant.

I have not felt any cognitive symptoms (my memory seems fine, my thinking seems fine, I'm following conversations as usual) and have not experienced light or noise sensitivity. I do get nauseous or feel my fingers get tingly/numb, but that mostly happens when my anxiety levels increase.

I think, one of the issues with this anxiety, comes from having no frame of reference for what constitutes a "minor bump." I know any hit can cause a concussion, but the pure statistical probability of a concussion probably increases as the amount of force increases.When we say "minor bumps," are you referring to things like a light elbow tap to the forehead, or a light-medium bump on the bottom edge of a freezer door? Minor bumps, being then, the things where you engage in the normal activities of life and these things just sort of happen? To me, every bump feels problematic (which is clearly a part of my fears and makes it hard to have a reasonable reaction to any hits).

Any insight and opinion, from anyone, would be much appreciated. I'm not trying to troll and I do apologize if any of my past posts have felt disrespectful and not acknowledged the seriousness of what many people here live with. I'm trying to figure out whether or not the symptoms I do experience after these head bumps come from my anxiety or from short-lived but evident concussions. I haven't exercised since Wednesday (aside from some neck stretches) and am planning to reintroduce running/lifting as I feel better/calm down.

Again, thank you deeply for your help, Mark, and anyone else who wants to post on this thread.
squash291 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote