View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 01:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi,
Here to intro myself. I fell at work (tripped over a baby gate) and it was a BAD fall. As in call an ambulance cause I couldn't get up. Except xrays showed nothing so they called it a contusion and a sprain. Four weeks and no improvement and worker's comp finally gets an MRI. Two fractured metatarsals, the cuboid and other bones show massive bruising,etc. And I'm already showing signs of nerve injury. Gabapentin helps... and then doesn't. Increase it... and then it doesn't....

And then the big label CRPS. OMG so scary. Lyrica didn't help and made me feel really yuck. After months of waiting for approval I finally get the sympathetic nerve block (god worker's comp is awful). And it helps! (though what an awful awful thing to go through!).

But the nerve block wore off in less than a month. I'm so sad. It wasn't worth the trauma of the the procedure and the recovery time for a couple weeks of relief. Now what?

Meanwhile I'm getting a lawyer because my doctor says I need to go to Stanford's Pain Clinic and Worker's Comp says no.
Becca71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (03-20-2016), zinnia (05-19-2016)