View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 04:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Prayerworks,

It's best to not hold in a sneeze after a tooth extraction as that puts undue pressure on the sinus membrane. If you have to sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue and sneeze with your mouth open. That will prevent the pressure from occurring up against the sinus membrane.

When you said Nexafed, I assume you meant Sudafed?

If you had a negative reaction to the Sudafed, and it sounds like you did, then do not use it again.

Your symptoms are not unusual with a sinus communication. However, the oral surgeon is the only one who knows the size of the sinus opening and he's the only one who know what the findings were when he removed those teeth. So it is best to call the oral surgeon, leave a message with his answering service for him to call you back or call his emergency number and speak to him. Let him know the reaction to the Sudafed and if he recommends something else. Also explain your current symptoms to see if he thinks they are concerning or not.

Bryanna

Thank you Bryanna. I feel better knowing that what I am feeling is normal for a sinus communication. Most sites I have checked mention nothing about nasal sinus discomfort. Actually a couple sites said they are usually painless. I beg to differ. Especially after a good cry. Lol.

May I ask you one more question? If it is deemed necessary that the communication be surgically corrected, is it usually a difficult or painful procedure? Is it like surgically removing a tooth? Hospital or in office?

Again, thank you!

If anyone else on here has had a sinus communication I would love to hear your experience. Many thanks!
Prayerworks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote