View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 05:42 PM
anon6618

anon6618

If you go to the hospital because of respiratory distress, it doesn't mean you will get intubated immediately. Please don't refrain from asking for help because of this fear.

I always have this emergy information with me and my family knows about it too: for example, the brand and dosage IVIG, and the use of a bipap for non invasive ventilation. In my experience, when you still have time to even consider or wait, getting support from a bipap can often help you prevent needing getting intubated. It can take some burden of you diaphragm, help you get through the days until ivig / plasmapheresis kicks in.

Of course you can't control everything, and sometimes a crisis hits you hard, like when the flu hits you and you're from normal to boiling hot fever in 24 hours, this can trigger a crisis pretty fast an may need intubation. This, however, be it not a fun experience, you really do need at that moment and you are very, very sick: your body and mind somehow accepts it better. And sometimes they give you something sedative and that helps too.

So please, stop worrying about what ifs and maybe's (I know, I do it too), because this stress isn't good for your MG.

(Important: a bipap not a cpap; not recommended for MG, especially not in near crisis situations, because with a cpap you have to breath against pressure).

Wish you the best
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-24-2016), juliejayne (03-22-2016)