View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 06:09 PM
anon6618

anon6618

I find this unbelievable: many doctors all over the world do not accept general -sometimes extreme- fatigue, like sleep, tired, sometimes cognitive fatigue as a symptom of MG. Some patients I spoke got send to psychiatrist or been called lazy, or their doc just ignores it alltogether.

They know fatigue is sometimes a very debilitating symptom of MS, why not MG?

I mean, just think, logically.
We are sick. Something is going on in the body which shouldn't happen. It isn't normal. All this retarded antibodies fighting and doing stuff.
Taking mestinon does not copy the exact normal, natural way our muscles contract! This must cost extra energy right?

We have muscle weakness, which causes us to sometimes move, talk, sit, lay, eat, .... differently, which again: isn't normal, costs extra energy.

And not directly the MG, but other mg related influences:
Most of us take many different, heavy drugs. Like prednisone, ivig, imuran, cellcept, etc. All of them have different kinds of fatigability as a side effect.
And processing those drugs, fighting other side effects and more.
Some drugs can have an effect on your cognitive status, like memory and overall thinking. So, this also goes different than before, which costs more energy.

Pain, very known cause for extra fatigue. Pain, due to MG because lesser affected muscles get overworked, or the strain in the weak-but-not-paralized muscles.
Or pain due to -again- side effects (stomach, joints, headaches, to name some).

Besides, like other chronic illnesses, it can cause socialpsychological stress which costs extra energy.

I can go on, and on. All of this I have no scientific proof for (maybe there is, but I'm too tired to look ), it's my logical thinking.

I find it completely incomprehensible they do not see it as a normal thing for MG. Especially since almost everyone I talked to with MG, experiences the same (except for those on high dose prednisone who never sleep).
It makes many patient doubt themselves or feel misunderstood.

End Rant
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-24-2016), juliejayne (03-22-2016), pingpongman (03-20-2016)