View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 10:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default So glad I found this site

I posted on the intro but more here...
I've been off work since the end of Oct. Honestly I shouldn't have been working when I was, but worker's comp docs are stupid and don't really care how much pain you are in and what you do for a living (I was the site director of a child care, trying to work on crutches). Yeah right.

Since the CRPS hit its only gotten worse. I can't rest my foot on anything so I sit in a recliner with a pillow under my knees so my foot can hang off of it. Cause even having my heel on it is too painful. But its creeping up my leg. Which is why my doc did the sympathetic nerve block. Which worked! Except that it wore off in 3 weeks.

Due to this being worker's comp I've been having to go to a stupid clinic. My Physiatrist is a great doc, but he knows the clinic's scope is far too limited to meet my needs and has requested referral to Stanford. We got shot down once, but are trying again. And now (because he told me I need to) I'm getting a lawyer involved.

Meanwhile I am dealing with the realities of trying to manage the home on one leg... Husband is 100% disabled with Secondary Progressive MS (totally bedbound) and both kids have special needs, IEP's and behavior issues. My plate is full and then some. So... I've learned that stress will increase my pain.

Sleep--- that is hard. How to sleep when I can't put my foot on the bed? Percocet barely takes the edge off anymore. I mean it may help me set my foot on the bed, but still not be able to sleep. And then if I CAN sleep... the stupid reflux will kick in and wake me up!

Meanwhile even though I'm off work, I'm trying to do a little office stuff from home to pay for my kids health insurance. And I'm learning that even THAT wears me out.

The injury was June 2015 and the CRPS diagnosis was Oct 2015. So I'm not even a year in. This is overwhelming me!
Becca71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (03-21-2016), RSD ME (03-21-2016)