View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 10:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

My husband was on LDN for years, so I actually find it fascinating that it is used for CRPS. But to use it I'd have to be off the Percocet for pain control. Even though it doesn't stop the pain at least it brings it down a couple notches.

The nerve block. OMG. That procedure was awful. Getting it done I mean. And the recovery. WOW. I mean it was good that it "worked" and the doctor could get results, but holy ouch.

We get funding from the state in the form of IHSS (In Home Support Services) for my husband's care. So that person is having to help with me too, cooking, cleaning, doing the chores I used to do etc. I can't drive due to it being my right foot, plus the gabapentin/percocet make me foggy. Thing is, to go somewhere for more than a brief time someone has to be here with the husband and someone has to drive me. So I need two someones.

I'm not getting any therapy/emotional support. Another reason why I need to be seen at Stanford, because they offer that as well. Basically I need a comprehensive clinic with multi-disciplinary care (neuro, pain control, psych, PT, OT, etc.) that has experience w/CRPS.

I use crutches a lot of the time just so I'm only partial weight bearing (seeing as my weight is so much more than it should be). But during the day I also try to walk a bit on it w/o the crutches. I don't want to lose any more muscle mass than I already have. Plus I know I'll lose bone.

I'm trying probiotics to help w/the gabapentin induced bowel problems (ugh). I've been taking a generic prilosec, but maybe I need a different antiheartburn med?

There's only so much of me to go around w/IEP's and the kids therapy programs and such. Thankfully we do have two loving pups that we got as emotional support animals for my son.... and well they are ending up as emotional support for me too! We got Pepper beginning of May. Six weeks later I got hurt. He's an angel of a dog. Complete love bug. So, he's my therapy.
Becca71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (03-21-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-21-2016), RSD ME (03-21-2016)