View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 11:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash View Post
JZP can you detail your symptoms and when they flare up?
Yeah sure.

So when I'm not flared up I am mostly okay. I don't lift heavy anymore but I still run track and workout my lower body hard, so to everyone else I am mostly fine. But flare ups are a different story altogether. I get the dull/diffuse difficult to locate pain in my shoulder and tricep that just kind of sits at a 2/10 on the pain scale, my hands throb with my pulse and I have this gross pulling feeling down my arm in between my bicep and tricep. My shoulders/shoulder blades crack and grind when I move my arms around laterally and I feel like I have dead arms if that makes sense. Like it feels like I just did a rock climbing workout and arms and shoulders are just dead. I also have a sharp pain between my shoulder blades that is exacerbated by taking deep breaths or turning my head, which is absolutely the worst. I usually just take aleve and hide in my room until it reduces.

Flare ups are super weird, like I have had this since I was 17 (21 now) and I still am not 100% sure what causes them. They just seem to happen. If I decide to say **** it and lift really heavy on my upper body or wrestle with one of my friends that will for sure cause a flare up, but I can also get them from sitting and studying/playing video games. I now have a standing desk which helps a lot. Another sure fire way to get one is to lay or sit on anything soft like a couch or bed. I know it probably sounds silly but I have to sleep on the floor flat on my back, sit with perfect posture, or stay standing.

I am rambling a bit, but yeah that's the gist of it.
jzp119 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote