View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 02:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryW View Post
I quit the Hinz protocol a few months ago. I did well on it for a few years but then my doctor quit employing the protocol and referred me to
Dr. Stein. Things went downhill after that. He tried to adjust my doses to get an effect longer than 3 hours but I became unstable and despite
lab tests and empirical adjustments I got severe side effects. My BP would alternately tank and I would get woozy and even fainted once then my BP would reach hypertensive crisis levels and I would feel like I was going to explode. This seemed to frustrate the doctor who seemed
to get discouraged.

Thinking my life was in danger I quit and went to the movement disorders department at a major university hospital where they put me on Sinemet.
That, too, has been problematical. Symptoms that had disappeared with the protocol, like tremors, came back strong plus I am only getting an hours worth of benefit from the Sinemet dose making me effectively house bound. Off times are much more profound than under the Hinz protocol. They are adjusting me but since they only want to see me every few months
it's slow going.

Were it not for the side effects I would probably still be on the protocol despite the expense and inconvenience but perhaps salvation
will yet be found in more pills.
Dear GerryW ,
I am intrested in to know what changes does Dr. Stein did on doses of l-dopa/tyrosine/5-htp ? As i read your posts befor , you was on about 8 grams of l-dopa and one 5-htp (37.5 mg) and about 30 grams of tyrosine .
I am trying this protocol on my father and its very important for me to know about this . Coz my father have exactly BP problem like you report . Thx

Last edited by engsec; 03-21-2016 at 04:08 PM.
engsec is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote