View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 07:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Becca,

Showers are still hard on me, I have to keep them short, because my tub's floor is very slanted, which throws me off balance. I can lose it, too, if I step on a tiny crumb with my right foot. It is going to take re-hab to re-wire my brain, according to the PM doc.

I was given a shower chair with a back from my local senior center. It enabled my h to help me get in and out of the tub when things were bad. I waited too long to get one. Big mistake. I also keep a space heater in the bathroom, because I learned that the pain was more severe if I got chilled.

I keep boxes of baby wipes in every room, because I went through weeks when I could not shower. It was too painful. I also resorted to dry shampoo, because I did not have the balance or the energy to stand to lather and rinse my hair. I also keep facial cleansing cloths, finger toothbrushes, extra hairbrushes and mirrors tucked around the house, just in case. Lol, I used to be a minimalist, now I am a CRPS realist.

My injury is work related, too. I asked WC to pay for me to see Pradeep Chopra in RI, but was refused. I wasted hours trying to find a local doctor to prescribe
LDN. I asked every doctor I saw to prescribe it as well, even with supporting information they all turned me down. My h decided that we should just order it from abroad. For me it was the right decision. And yes, LDN lowered my pain very rapidly.

The PM doctor who saw me at the end of July (I started LDN sometime in June) was amazed at the change when he saw me last week walking with a cane. It is unfortunate that he is not interested in my LDN story, but he congratulated me on "owning your disease" whatever that means and he listed what I said helped me, eg, infared jade mat, liquid lanolin, Aqua Therapy, etc
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (03-22-2016), PurpleFoot721 (03-21-2016), RSD ME (03-21-2016)