View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 09:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shug2003 View Post
Also, I had surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome 3 years ago hoping that it would stop the pain in between the shoulder blades and correct the scapular winging/tipping. Unfortunately, the surgery did not help at all. The spasm and irritation is still there and the scapula is actually worse than before. My supraspinatus muscle was visibly atrophied after the surgery, meaning the doc probably irritated the suprascapular nerve even more while performing the surgery. I went to one of the best TOS surgeons in the country - Dr. Robert Thompson. If I could go back, I would have never had the surgery. Now I'm dealing with all sorts of new issues because of scar tissue surrounding the brachial plexus nerve roots...confirmed by MRI.
Im so sorry to hear that. It is very dissapointing because I always thought the surgery was my ticket to freedom (ha). Did you have scalenes removed? What was the procedure exactly. Again im so sorry. That is horrible. What else have you tried? I just don't understand why surgeons move forward with procedures that they aren't sure will work. Its pretty a shady considering how much it ends up hurting people? I dont know.
jzp119 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote