View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 11:28 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Barb, ouch! That is quite the surgery. I will pray that your sister does OK and you all have the patience to wait it all out.

Kitty, there are only 5 in our family that live here in town. Everyone lives far enough away that they don't make it here for Easter and are involved enough for the Easter in their own churches that they wouldn't be able to come. My sister usually goes down to Arkansas to spend it with her daughter. Her daughter's church where she is a member of the choir always sing the Hallelujah chorus and invite any visitor who is there and knows it to come and join them. So my sister gets to go and stand with her daughter and sing that glorious song. And then my daughter, who Easter means nothing to her except a nice dinner, was going to go out of town for a wedding. So that left us and my sister's son and his wife. Their attitude about Easter is the same as my daughter. Then my sis had to have surgery and their trip canceled, my daughter's car finally gave up the ghost and she couldn't go to the wedding. So now everyone is in town! We always go out somewhere to eat. I know my parents if they were alive would be upset that we don't make a big meal and celebrate together. But all the kids are all grown up and don't even care what it means. Enjoy your day with the kids. We want pictures!

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-22-2016), Kitty (03-22-2016)