View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 07:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
MAT,

Yes, anticholinergics are number one on the list of medications...and Amitriptyline does have some anticholinergic effect, so it would be expected that you have this side-effect.

Autonomic neuropathy is a subset of PN, so I didn't list it separately, but yes, it can cause the dry mouth as well. But just as I stated above, the dry mouth/eyes would typically not be that severe unless other aspects of the neuropathy (peripheral or autonomic) are likewise that severe. I just don't think you'd have cracked tongue and peeling lips so bad that you can't swallow properly and not have severe BP instability, POTS, or severe PN pain at the same time. Dry mouth/eyes IS a symptom of PN, but not a prominent one, I guess is the best way to describe what I'm saying.

Actually, you are exactly right about 'types' of Sjogren's being different and having one that presents with neuropathy. The type of Sjogren's I have has specifically attacked the dorsal root and autonomic ganglia, so I presented with neuropathy symptoms before the typical Sjogren's symptoms. They call it Neuropathic Sjogren's.
How were they able to determine that the dorsal root and ganglia were attacked? Just wondering because I can't find a doctor who will go into that kind of detail.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote