View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 09:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
As some others have already said in reply to your latest post, YES, dryness of eyes/mouth can occur with peripheral neuropathy. But your description would be a severe case. Sure, it can cause these symptoms and many with PN have eye/mouth dryness, but I have not heard of it being this severe with cracking tongue or peeling lips along with dryness so bad that it effects your ability to swallow....unnless of course, your PN is likewise at severe levels or end stage. The type of symptoms you describe are really more common with Sjogren's. Do you have joint pain or profound fatigue...both of these are also common with Sjogren's??
I had severe dryness (got punctual plugs in the eyes, had nose bleeds, had to drink to swallow dry food, used tons of eye drops and gel, moisturizing creams, etc.) with negative antibodies and negative lip biopsy. When it started I had fatigue and joint pain and neurological peripheral problems POTS (not severe), Adie tonic pupil, trigeminal neuralgia.
15+ years later the antibodies for Sjogren are still negative, the dryness improved greatly since I started a healthy nutrition, and a few years ago I got SFN.

So it seems I got something neurological autoimmune, I don’t know if I have got seronegative Sjogren, or that my dryness is affected by my autonomic neuropathy.

Are there any tests that can prove that the dryness is caused by autonomic neuropathy ?
stillHoping is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote