View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 03:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi bizi,

I have read some of your posts on YOUR thread and since it has grown to so many pages long, I thought I would start a new thread.

As long as I could be an active person, I never had a problem with my weight so I am a firm believer in exercise being a HUGE factor in MY ability to weight control.

The problem I am running into NOW is my life is so VERY sedentary, SEVERELY sedentary, that I would have to stop eating almost completely to burn calories. Breathing and sleeping burn very few as that is about all I manage to do the past couple years.

I can only stay up and awake for a few hours at a time and then I lay down, fall asleep for a few hours, and then repeat the process over and over all day until bedtime. I am always exhausted, even when I first wake after a full night's sleep. The last few weeks, my neighbor is even bringing my mail to me because it is so difficult for me to walk to my mailbox.

When I am "up", that means I am sitting in a chair, possibly at the computer, taking care of business or communicating with the outside world. Pain and fatigue take over and off to bed I go to lay down. Once in a prone position, I am sound asleep within a minute or two, even if I try to stay awake.

I used to "exercise" in bed but that has disappeared from my routine now as well.

I know that the excess weight is only adding to my pain and limitations but it has taken over.

I see people in wheelchairs that are of normal weight and wonder how THEY manage their calories with the limitations they have when I am not confined to a wheelchair, at least not yet.

Then I read that diet plays a larger part in weight control than exercise. I have a hard time believing that because that has never been my case. If diet were such a large factor, then I should be THIN. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I am not drinking enough water as I know that is an important part of one's diet. I know my caloric intake is not excessive. In fact, it may be too little, and my body is constantly in "starvation mode".

I know from past experience, whenever I engaged in a physical activity that I enjoyed, I never had to worry about my weight. If I had accumulated any excess pounds, they fell off without any effort as soon as my activity level ramped up.

I am not a big fan of "diets" per se, eating healthy and well balanced has been my choice for an entire lifetime but due to illness, have had to watch what I eat (carbs) for several years now.

I am now faced with desperation to find some way to lose some weight even without the aid of "exercise" which I KNOW would work if only I could do some.

I guess I just needed to vent my frustrations today. Thanks for listening.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-22-2016), PamelaJune (03-30-2016), St George 2013 (03-25-2016)