View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 07:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have some very good ideas, I think, because they
work for me consistently. They include:

1. Drink a LOT of water in between meals. And make sure it is good quality water. My top two faves are Moutain Valley in the green glass bottle and Evian. You could google which waters seem to have good ratings. Perhaps buy a water filter. I try to always buy mine on sale.

If you are thirsty during a meal, just take a few sips of water.

I actually set a timer for 45 mins after eating a small meal and 60 mins. After a moderate meal (I don't eat any large meals because I'm in dieting mode again...I goofed off during the holidays. But I have it almost all off now

When the timer goes off, I drink one or two glasses of water. Then a little later, I'll drink another one or two, but never within 45 mins. of a meal.

Again, space out drinking your water so it is only clearly between meals helps with weight loss!

Additionally, reduce any other liquids. Let water be your only or primary liquid. Try not to drink any soda.

2. Also, I use my Fitness Pal App. Determine what cal. count you want to stick with. Perhaps have a doctor help you. Perhaps use google again to find a calculation based on your height, etc. for weight loss and then stick to that count. If in a week or two you don't lose weight being honest to that cal. count, lower it by 200-300 cals a day. Record your food intake daily and honestly. In other words, track your food intake, be honest, and be open to the idea you might have to go lower.

3. Give up sugar. Period.
Reduce intake of high glycemic fruits like bananas. Stick with apples, strawberries, pears, blueberries etc. in small portions. Greatly reduce in-take of flour or eliminate it. Try to eat lots of vegetables both cooked and raw.

I have found exercise to be a minor component in weight loss. Moderate walking around the block etc. is very helpful. It doesn't have to be hard core. For me, healthy foods, reduced calories, lots of water between meals and some (any at all) consistent movement spells definite weight loss.

PS consider taking at least a multi vitamin if you are not doing so already. If you do these things, within a day or two, it will be easier. Sugar is the devil it makes you crave more food AND it packs on the pounds. Additionally, all that water fills you up. Hence, more willpower.
Best of luck on this journey!

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 03-22-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-22-2016), Lash (10-14-2019), PamelaJune (03-30-2016)