View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 08:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the responses.

One thing I may have failed to mention is that I write down everything that crosses my lips all day every day and the time. The ONLY thing I do not record is my water intake and I think I may not be drinking as much as I used to drink.

You can name any day in the past 9 years and I can tell you EXACTLY what I consumed that day, not only the food but also each cup of coffee or swig of milk. Like I said, the only thing I can't tell you is how much water I drank. I do think I also recorded that for a short time but discontinued it. I was running out of space on my log when I added water to my listings.

I have also been under the supervision of dieticians for the past 9 years.

What prompted this sudden concern beside my newest medical issue was a recent and unexplained weight gain of about 17 pounds in less than 2 weeks. Just as suddenly, I lost 9 of those 17 pounds, but so far, the other 8 are still with me. NOTHING had changed. I was eating all the exact same food and quantity.

Many of my medications have weight gain as a side effect and my newest med just added, also states weight gain expected to occur. Just what I don't need. Tonight was the 2nd night I have taken the new med so I know it was not the culprit on the 17 pounds but it is just one of the reasons I need to get a jump start on warding off any gains and start getting some losses under my belt.

Has anyone tried a ketogenic diet? I really don't want to go that route but I am feeling a bit desperate and am considering it as a maybe. Then again, maybe not.

Cooking is very difficult for me so today I searched online for some healthy prepared food deliveries, designed by nutritionists. Not only did I find a few, but they were too expensive and contained more carbs and sodium than I eat. I certainly don't need to add either of those with my many health issues.

I think one of them was named Magic Kitchen. There are several but all of them have so many seasonings to make the food more palatable but I am used to eating very bland and like my food to taste like its natural state.

When I eat broccoli, I want it to taste like broccoli. I don't put anything on my broccoli. I just steam it and that is it. Don't like butter or anything on my veggies. I just used broccoli as an example. I eat all my veggies that way.

I got an item from my doc today to try that had 13 carbs. Tried it for lunch and it was pretty good until an hour later, I was feeling not so good. Then I saw the product contained garlic. I am allergic to garlic. I don't use any kind of herbs or spices at all.

It is really difficult to find anything prepared that I can eat and cooking is too difficult for me most of the time. I guess I will just keep boiling my chicken and steaming my veggies and start drinking more water. I like water and as long as it is in front of me, I drink it. The problem at home is I don't think to put it in front of me often enough.

Last edited by Hopeless; 03-22-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-22-2016), PamelaJune (03-30-2016), St George 2013 (03-25-2016)