View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Vowel Lady,

Your step ONE is the one that I have been a bit lax on of late. I will definitely try to drink more water. I just don't think about it. The very few times I eat out during a year is usually a very special occasion and it is in a restaurant where the bus boy keeps filling your water glass throughout the entire seating. The more they fill it, the more I drink it. If it is in front of me, I drink the water because I like water.

Steps 2 and 3 are done daily. I record EVERYTHING I eat and drink. Been doing that for 9 years. As far as flour,.... haven't had that in my house in over 15 years. Sugar and sweets have been off my consumption for years. I even limit onion use due to the natural sugars they contain.

I don't even use bread crumbs IN anything or ON anything and definitely not flour.

I have never "fried" any food in my adult life. (Fear of popping grease.) When I was a teenager, I was going to fix my brother and I a big breakfast one day. He liked bacon, not me, so I attempted to fry some bacon. The grease popped on me and I never fried anything again.

As far as the "moderate" walking. I am lucky to walk from the bedroom to the bathroom with my ailments so that is not in the cards. Sure wish it were as I liked to walk.

I needed to go somewhere a few years ago that was just two blocks from my home. I did not want to go to the trouble of "driving" just two blocks so I set out walking. I did not even get to the corner when I was on the ground in so much pain I had no idea how I would get back home. I did not have a cell phone but if I had, I would have been in an ambulance on the way to the emergency room. Did I mention I also have a heart condition?
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-22-2016), Lash (10-14-2019), St George 2013 (03-25-2016)